Did You Know?: TJ's mother, father and sister are also black belts in taekwondo. I started karate at 4 years old, at 11 I joined a WTF school and that's where I was hooked and my Olympic Dream was born. A couple years later in 2003 I made my first national team and traveled to Brazil and from there I knew that I could reach my goals. With the new world ranking points set up I and truly grateful to have the NRG matrix fund help support me to make my dreams a reality.
"Determination is intriguing; one day you want something and with determination, before you know it you got it."
I believe you can do whatever you want. You just need to go out and do it. There's nothing out there that can keep you from reaching greatness except yourself.
- PAN AM Championship: Gold
- US Team Trials: 1st (Team Member)
- Olympic Trials - Phase 7 (-80kg): 1st
- Pan Am Games (Welter -80kg): Quarterfinals
- Pam Am Games Team Member (Light/Welter)
- Pan Am Games Qualifier (Light/Welter): Qualified
- U.S. National Team Trials (Light): 2nd
- 2012 Olympic Team Trials 1 (Light/Welter): 2nd
- Pan Am Games Team Trials (Light/Welter): 1st
- USAT National Championships (Light): GOLD
- USAT National Qualifier: GOLD
- International Taekwondo Festival: GOLD
- Jimmy Kim International: GOLD++
- Junior National Team Member
- Junior Pan Am Championships: BRONZE