Since I began training in Taekwondo, my goal was to one day earn a position on the US National Team. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but through persistence and setting short term and long term goals, I believe that it could one day happen. As a result, I balanced my hours with school, consistent training, and the planning of one day opening my own Taekwondo dojang. With dedication, determination and discipline, I have surpassed my goals of earning my Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology at Arizona State University, successfully own and operate NB Taekwondo & Fitness Center along with my brother, Anthony Nguyen, and making both sparring and poomsae National Teams.
"Accomplishing a goal leads to making new ones thus I now have a bigger goal in mind."
I now see myself as a positive role model to my students and want to show them that if you put your mind to something, dedicate yourself and stay disciplined, anything is possible. Having said that, falling short and placing 5th at the last 2012 London Olympic Trials I now have a larger flame burning inside motivating me to do everything it takes to be part of the 2016 Olympic Team. I want to thank NRGMatrix for creating this opportunity as it opens another doorway leading to my ultimate goal: become the next Taekwondo Olympic champion and at the same time guide young ones to be the best they can be and be the best at what they do.
- Mexico Open (Sr. Fly): 1/4 finals
- Nevada State Qualifier (Sr. Fly): GOLD
- Pan American Open (Sr. Fly): SILVER
- Taiwan Open – Bronze
- National Collegiate Championship – Gold
- London Olympic Team Trials (Sr. Fly): 5th
- US Open (Sr. Fin): SILVER
- World University Championship (Sr. Fly): POOMSE CAPTIAN
- Korea Open (Sr. Fly): SILVER
- Pan American University Championship (Sr. Fly): GOLD
- US Open (Sr. Fin): GOLD
- World University Championship (Sr. Fly): BRONZE